MRI Technologist Assistant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Jacksonville, IL 62650
MRI Technologist Assistant
Under the general direction of the MRI technologist, with the clinical supervision of the Radiologist, assists in the completion of MRI examinations on patients of all ages. Provides quality care for all patients. Adheres to all hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED, required
- C.N.A. or L.P.N. Certification, preferred.
- A Current CPR Certification required within 30 days of hire
- Patient Care Experience, preferred
- Medical Terminology, preferred
Other Knowledge/Skills/Abilities/Working Conditions-Physical Requirements & Atmosphere:
- Functions effectively in a team oriented environment.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic C.N.A. Skills
- Potential exposure to infectious diseases.
- Requires ability to lift over 50 pounds occasionally.
- Physical demands include repetitive motions of the hands, walking, standing, and reaching above the head.
- Physically able to perform the duties as stated above.
AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCE:
Infant: 0-12 months
Child: 1 year -12 years
Adolescent: 13 years – 18 years
Adult: 18 years – 65 years
Older adult: 65 years+
- Via a team approach, work with staff technologist to coordinate the patient flow and the schedule of MRI modality.
- Check the patients’ chart or scripts to be sure the exam ordered by the physician matches the requisition received by the department. Prepare next day schedule and contacts patients for appointment reminder as necessary.
- Retrieves patient script, lab results, and previous imaging information to present to the MRI technologist.
- Transports patients to and from the MRI area.
- Will adhere to MRI safety standards set forth by the organization in accordance with ACR guidelines.
- Performs extensive screening process of patient and documents accordingly.
- Prepares patient in appropriate hospital issued gown/pants prior to entering Zone 4.
- Performs basic nursing care assistant functions including vital signs, weights, and temperature.
- Positions patients on the scanner couch in order to facilitate the performance of the MRI exam, under the guidance and approval of the MRI technologist.
- Maintain a clean and neat work area/desk.
- Lifts, moves, and transports patients via wheelchair or cart when necessary.
- Assists with managing claustrophobic patients.
- Completes documentation in the patient medical record accurately and in a timely manner while maintain confidentiality.
- Transfers, maintains basic quality assurance issues and recalls images from PACS system.
- Participates in ongoing QA/QC and process improvement programs.
- Assists in providing a safe work environment and is dedicated to providing patient satisfaction.
- Maintains clinical competency.
- Adheres to all hospital and departmental policies and procedures including, but not limited to, those regarding infection control, hand hygiene, attendance, and appearance.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Memorial Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.