Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable healthcare for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for designing and managing the successful delivery of cybersecurity architecture services for IT project engagements to ensure enterprise technology solutions comply with security and compliance policies, standards, and requirements; working with the project team to define the scope, work effort, and deliverables for the security engagement and will oversee multiple engagements executing in parallel; meeting or exceeding engagement expectations, on-time and on-budget, and is expected to effectively exercise technical and professional leadership and guidance to enable the teams success; continueing the improvement and development of the service; drawing from a deep background in enterprise technology and security principles and solutions, as well as their understanding of the business, to clearly articulate and discuss identified business risks and various options for mitigating those risks; communicating security risks and solutions to business partners and IT staff as needed.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree and 8 years of hands-on experience in the information security field with expert knowledge of platform, application, storage, data, network, virtualization, cloud and mobile security.
- 2 years of leadership experience with planning and managing security engagements.
- Understanding of enterprise technologies, operations, and architectural principles and models. Knowledge of virtualized data center architectures and operations, SOA-type deployments, public and private cloud services, web services and multi-tier web applications, and WAN/MAN/LAN protocols and technologies supporting intranet, extranet, and remote access services.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and standards relevant to the healthcare industry.
- Written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors OR Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- CISSP certification.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
BCBSTX complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.