Senior Financial Analyst - Brand Finance
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60654
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
As a Brand Finance – Senior Financial Analyst, you will have the opportunity to own the P&L for multiple brands and partner with Brand teams to help drive the business forward! This role performs highly complex and interpretive financial analyses that are both historical and forward looking. You will also be expected to present analysis and recommendations to management, from both a financial and strategic lens. SFA’s act as a leader to other analysts and will have the opportunity to coach and develop others. May perform business analytics, AOP & Strat Plan, monthly forecasting, risk & opportunity planning, metrics & scorecards, and various ad-hoc analyses. Minimum 5 years related experience.
- Serve as a business partner for the brand teams on accounting and finance related questions. This will involve the ability to assess business needs, resolve risks and opportunities in a timely manner, and clear communication of issues/business results.
- Participate in the preparation and compilation of the annual operating plan (AOP) and strategic plan.
- Update the monthly forecast for brand based on business changes. Work cross functionally to understand the full P&L and moving pieces within the brand. Actively communicate changes to business partners by providing specific, actionable and forward-looking commentary on the various changes as well as guidance on potential risk.
- Participate actively in monthly consensus meeting on items such as volume, trade, cost of goods sold, and advertising and promotional spending.
- Provide comprehensive financial analysis and models for various requests including new items, product development, customer analyses, competitive analyses, pricing/promotional spending, capital spending, etc.
- Responsible for project work that will rotate and cut across several different financial disciplines including, but not limited to FP&A, new product development, manufacturing investments, and in-market investments.
- Lead the development of metrics, scorecards and reporting as well as communicate progress on metrics.
- Participate and/or lead various finance wide-projects.
- Communicate P&L and variance analyses to external stakeholders and build relationships with external finance partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- MBA or CPA/CMA certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional general business and financial experience
- Proven ability to self-motivate in a fast paced environment, ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment.
- Background and experience in P&L management, along with knowledge of financial systems and general accounting concepts.
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships with internal customers, peers and effectively manage those relationships.
- Experience effectively working across multiple departments to complete a project or resolve an organizational challenge.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Experience with SAP or other software tools preferred.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, including leveraging analytics, benchmarking, and insights to generate meaningful strategies and solutions.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.