*Business Analyst III - 9199 (Weight & Balance) (1018467)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
CHICAGO, IL 60601
For more info on this Technical BA role supporting our Airline Client in Chicago, please contact APEX at 773-824-1032.
Job Title: Technical Business Analyst – Turn Metrics Migration
Job Description: * As a Business Analyst of IT, youll be responsible for preparing one or more of the deliverables required to build Business Requirement Documents for projects which include; Process flow, use cases and user stories and establish traceability to the client or business vision
- You may document current business processes if they are not already in place
- Show ability to quickly gain a thorough understanding of the functional area related to the project and the ability to identify and quantify business process improvements along with system improvements using technology is critical
- Facilitate workshops with employees from all levels within the organization to identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Ensure the requirements are specified in a manner suitable for the intended audience and are understandable, unambiguous and capable of being implemented and tested
- Develop the requirements traceability matrix, which is charted and documented through each phase of the project life-cycle
- Interface with Business Stakeholders and IT teams
- Manage the requirements through the project lifecycle by establishing and managing scope and change request process. Needs to demonstrate ownership of scope
- Proficient with technical documentation, including business requirements, functional specifications, support documentation, user guides, workflow processes and test cases
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Conduct requirement verification and validation sessions to gain approval from business and technical stakeholders
- Validate proposed technical designs to ensure alignment with business needs
- Provide project support during release and implementation periods
- Collaborate and work with business teams including leading requirements discovery sessions and capture Org change management
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business or Technology related field required
- 5-8 years of business analysis or process improvement experience
- Experience with user stories and UAT
- Experience gathering information from the business and documenting the information to be presented to the technical team
- Demonstrated proficiency with Business Analysis skills, including defining analysis planning, elicitation, requirements management and communication, and solution assessment and validation
- Understanding of business process management, workflow and integration methods and tools
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work individually and as part of a team to achieve business objectives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment, and comfortable with change
- Ability to quickly gain familiarity with systems and projects assigned
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Experience working in airline industry
- Experience working with distributed project teams, onshore and off
- Manager open to Skype or WebEx interviews
- Project involves migrating off Unimatic for Weights and Balances system that supports Load Planning
- Need BA to assist with the requirements and analysis, driving towards RFP, vendor selection and ultimately a design tollgate to determine whether client should build or buy a solution
- Manager seeking a technical BA
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.