Blow Molding Maintenance Technician - Afternoon and Midnights
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Alsip, IL 60803
KIK Custom Products
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Job ID 2019-6528
- of Openings 2
Job Location US-IL-Alsip
Posted Date 2019-10-17
Division KIK Automotive
As one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods (“CPG”), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion dollar household and personal care (“HPC”), over-the-counter (“OTC”), pool additives and automotive aftermarket categories, we serve over 100 CPG companies and several major North American HPC and automotive aftermarket retailers, including many of the leading players in their respective categories. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 29 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America.KIK Consumer Brands – Automotive Division
Our Automotive business is comprised of the Prestone® and Holts® businesses. We develop, manufacture and market antifreeze/coolant and other automotive functional fluids and car appearance products in North America and key international markets. Prestone® is the number one branded consumer choice for antifreeze/coolant in North America. Other brands in our Automotive Care business include Holts®, Redex® and Simoniz® (outside North America).
The “Position” is within our Automotive division and is responsible for electrical and mechanical repair and preventative maintenance of facility and plant equipment.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for electrical and mechanical repair and preventative maintenance of facility and plant equipment
- Installation, troubleshooting & repair of low & high voltage (single/three phase) industrial electrical & control systems for packaging lines, facilities & plant support equipment such as air compressors, boilers, pumps, water purification system, production plant & warehouse lighting
- Responsible for electrical emergency & scheduled maintenance tasks across the plant
- Ensure assigned projects are completed timely, correctly, safely and to the highest quality standard
- Maintain a clean working environment upon completion of assigned projects.
- Comply with plant safety, quality, GMPs, current standard practices and all other plant rules, policies/procedures
- May be required to work directly with contractors regarding new or existing projects and repairs.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Responsible for change over and set up of production lines.
- Support production to ensure equipment is running at most efficient state.
- Support, direct and train maintenance team members to ensure work is performed correctly, safely and efficiently.
- Responsible for set up and maintenance of bottle and case coding equipment
- Maintain PM and repair of mechanical equipment, pneumatic systems, and hydraulic systems.
- Maintain Pm and repair of processing equipment, i.e. flow meters, density meters, temperature sensors, gas sensors etc. Ensure tanks, piping and pumps or operation correctly. Support outside contractors in scheduled repairs.
- Responsible for conforming to all Plant Health, Environment, Safety, and Security (HESS) policies and procedures
- Must actively participate in the continual improvement of the Plant’s safety culture, including the Near Miss Program and Emergency Response.
- At least 3 years’ experience in manufacturing or related field
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Advanced skills or trades training preferred
- Liquid filling experience preferred (filler, capper, drop packer, palletizer)
- Must have previous electrical experience
- Strong mechanical background and general building maintenance experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to read, interpret, electrical prints, schematics & document
- Must be able to use electrical diagnostic equipment such as multi meters, etc
- Must have an understanding of commercial electrical requirements
- Must have knowledge of Industry standard motion sensing & control devices
- Expert knowledge of DC & AC motors & drives (AB preferred)
- Skilled in PLC programming & HMI interface configuration (such as Panel View etc.)
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK’s retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/nky9nz9ss423wvnx