Network Hardware Tech2nd and 3rd Shift (2-10pm and 10pm-6:30am) (1018386)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Hanover Park, IL 60133
Network Service Technician (2nd Shift, Hours: 2pm-10:30pm) (3rd Shift 10pm-6:30am) No commuting traffic
Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing organization, has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a hardware repair technician for one the Nation’s Top companies located in Hanover Park, IL. This opportunity is for a 6 Month Contract-to-Hire.
Please send resume in Word Format
Contact: Julia email@example.com or 773-824-1032
Basic Function of the Job
As a Hardware Repair Technician you will perform configuration, modification, repair, testing and/or servicing on IT devices, including, but not limited to: hardware, peripherals, and software configuration.
To perform this job successfully; an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Configure hardware including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, servers.
• Deploy images and customize software based on provided work instructions.
• Identify and troubleshoot system hardware problems.
• Perform Quality Control inspections.
• Provide Labs Management with reports that include daily and/or weekly productivity.
• Time management skills to ensure the efficient utilization of clients resources including parts, tools, inventory, own time, etc.
• Maintain and protect clients assets and property, including spare parts, client-supplied product, loaners, tools, test equipment, etc.
• Escalate problems and issue to Management as appropriate. This includes, but is not limited to, problems exceeding commitments with regard to response time, lack of spare parts, training, or any other actual or potential client satisfaction issues.
• Represent Apex in a professional and business-like manner and communicates effectively with associates and their client’s.
• Complete all required documentation involved within a project to ensure accurate billing with respect to warranty or contract. This includes getting all required information to the management immediately.
• Maintain efficient utilization of space in the work area.
• Assist other team members on projects as assigned.
• Ability to use a pallet jack is required for this position.
• For National Repair Center assignments: Performs necessary hardware and peripheral repairs. This includes, but is not limited to, identifying the problem and determining the most efficient and cost effective way to resolve the problem, keeping customer downtime to a minimum.
• Other work related duties as assigned.
LAN/WAN, and ability to automate tasks using basic scripting techniques a plus.
Education / Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year College or university or 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PC’s, messaging and server software applications experience required.
Extensive knowledge of Windows operating systems, vendor diagnostics, imaging software such as Ghost, MDT, or SCCM.
Minimum of one-year hardware troubleshooting experience, which needs to include laptops and desktop for Tier 1 vendors.
Familiar with vendor web sites in order to find hardware updates, driver updates, and engineering changes) as well as on multiple Tier 1 products (IBM, Compaq, HP, Toshiba).
A+ certification and at least one vendor hardware certification required. Minimum of one (1) year bench and/or on-site service technical experience.
Must seek to obtain certification for full-time employment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
High level of technical proficiency with IT equipment is necessary. Working knowledge in major desktop operating systems (Windows 7, 8.x, 10, OSX, iOS). Comfort and familiarity with assembly and re-assembly of devices is required. Excellent troubleshooting skills needed. Must have the ability to keep current with alternative systems and technology and make technology recommendations to management consistent with the company’s business and systems strategies. Ability to enter data into systems accurately required. Must have the ability to multitask with strong organization and time management skills. Must be able to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints within a timely fashion. Knowledge of receiving, warehouse and safety procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, reach, stoop and kneel.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus due to computer work.
Moderate to heavy lifting is required.
Ability to uphold the stress of traveling
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
Ability to work in a confined area.
Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.