ADMIN, OFFICE PERSONNEL - HOURLY (FULL or PART-TIME) @ North
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
EVANSTON, IL 60201
Posted Date: Oct 15, 2019
- We have an opening for a full or part-time ADMIN, OFFICE PERSONNEL – HOURLY position.
- Location: Northwestern University, 633 Clark Street, Evanston, IL 60208/./ Might be required to travel to the Chicago campus. /Note: online applications accepted only./
- Schedule: F/T or P/T schedule; Monday through Friday, office hours, more details upon interview.
- Requirement: Admin experience required; experience in payroll, recruiting, staffing preferred. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
/*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available/
WE MAKE IT EASY!
- You can now chat or text-to-apply, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 332717 . Click here to view more.
- You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Performs a variety of clerical duties, including answering telephones, bookkeeping, typing, word processing, office machine operation and filing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trains other staff members to perform work activities, such as using computer applications.
- Answers telephones, directs calls, takes messages and runs errands.
- Prepares meeting agendas, attends meetings and records/transcribes minutes.
- Makes travel arrangements.
- Completes work schedules, manages calendars and arranges appointments.
- Opens and routes incoming mail, answers correspondence and prepares outgoing mail.
- Compiles, copies, sorts and files records of office activities, business transactions and other activities.
- Completes and mails bills, contracts, policies, invoices and checks.
- Operates office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers.
- Types, formats, proofreads and edits correspondence, reports and other documents.
- Reviews files, records and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
- Computes, records and proofreads data and other information.
- Processes and prepares documents, such as business or government forms and expense reports.
- Maintains and updates filing, inventory, mailing and database systems.
- Communicates with customers, employees and others to answer questions; disseminates or explains information; takes orders and addresses complaints.
- Collects, counts and disburses money; performs basic bookkeeping; completes banking transactions.
- Troubleshoots problems involving office equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 332717