Senior Help Desk Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Category: Information Technology
Job Id: 270101
Brand: Motion Industries
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Major Market: IL – Chicago
Date Posted: September 16, 2019
Senior Help Desk Technician
- Provide remote and local user support using ticketing system in large environment 2500+ endpoints.
- Familiarity with a virtualized (VMWare) windows server/client system.
- Strong in Active Directory, create/edit, troubleshoot GPO, ability to create simple scripts, knowledge in o365/azure applications, specifically SharePoint and exchange.
- Ability to troubleshoot networked and WIFI devices such as but not limited to barcode scan guns, thermal/laser printers, android, ios, windows tablets, Mobile Phones, Workstations.
- Create/Update documentation as needed.
- Team Player and has customer service mentality.
- Job will require supporting a warehouse environment.
- Strong in Windows 7 & 10, MS Office Products, o365, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, GPO, ability to troubleshoot via CLI and Powershell.
- Basic knowledge of Vmware 5.x+, Windows Server 2008+, Exchange 2012+ (Hybird on prem/o365), AD, SCCM, IIS, Solarwinds, Symantec SEP & VIP, VPN, Bomgar, network devices such as switchers, routers, AP’s, servers, phones, etc.
- Must possess ability to work on team to architect, design, implement new technologies or operation improvements vs. maintaining status quo.
- Establishes good rapport with user base and can deliver effective remote support.
Associates or Bachelor degree in computer-related field. IT related certifications will help. Looking for a detail oriented, open minded individual that takes pride in his work and knows how to work on team. Willing to travel, between 5-10% of job. May require extra time on job or remote support when critical tickets have run past SLA. Job has strong opportunity to grow into a bigger role as trust and experience is gained.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/9th7gp7xv7xct752