QA Specialist I - Textiles
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Northfield, IL 60093
Medline Industries, Inc. has an immediate opening for an QA Specialist I – Textiles. The position will be based at our corporate headquarters in Northfield, IL. The Textile Division product lines include: but are not limited to, reusable patient and professional work apparel, surgical and protective medical device apparel, pediatric apparel, linens, healthcare housekeeping and interior products that are manufactured for and distributed by Medline. We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working professional with a solid education and background in Quality Assurance and a desire to work for a fast-paced, large corporate organization. In addition to leadership potential and analytical skills, you must have a “roll-up your sleeves” attitude.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Quality staff with inspections and review of production processes.
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection to ensure that the products are free of flaws and function as designed. Design experiments to understand sources of variation affecting products and processes.
- Design and install testing equipment and perform product testing and analysis to maintain quality levels and minimize defects and failure rates.
- Analyze reports and defective products to determine trends and recommend corrective actions. Use concepts of probability and statistical quality control to guide decisions.
- Collaborate with supplier representatives on quality problems, ensure that effective corrective actions are implemented and contribute to supplier quality improvement programs. Participate/lead in supplier qualifications.
- Work with quality inspection supervisors to train and oversee inspectors in their use of control forms, procedures and correcting quality problems.
- Participate as the Quality Representative in Product Development and Design Control activities. Participate in Risk Analysis and CAPA processes.
- Coordinate lab testing as required.
- First article evaluation per approved test and product evaluation SOP. Coordinate or perform inspections of new products or products from new vendors.
- Ensure compliance with applicable domestic and international regulatory requirements associated with product lines and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 1 year of experience in the Quality or Engineering field.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO