Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Northfield, IL 60093
Medline has an exciting opportunity for a Course Designer/Developer based at our Northfield, IL headquarters. We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working professional with a “roll-up your sleeves” attitude and the ability to work independently and prioritize issues. Reporting to the Director of Marketing for Medline University, this individual is responsible for the design, development and ongoing maintenance relating to Medline University’s online courses. The Designer/Developer is also responsible for brand guidelines and implementation, page layout, updating content on and graphic design for the MedlineUniversity.com resource center.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement education modules including SCORM compliant courses,, interactive competencies, educational videos, PDFs, and assessments.
- Ensure brand compliance and consistency on MedlineUniversity.com and within courses
- Collaborate with internal product managers and clinical staff (and outside vendors, when necessary) on the development of course content and site updates. Confer with clients to discuss and determine layout design, course narrative, and assessment needs.
- Develop graphics based on course need. Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts, based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts. Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
- Coordinate audio recording for courses. Edit and insert audio into interactive template.
- Update resource center content: current announcements, course detail pages, webinars and updates to home page.
- Keep up with current technology and best web practices while ensuring a high quality user experience.
- Other projects as assigned.
In return, Medline offers an entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential; a competitive compensation package; along with a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; 401(k) with company match and much more!
- Bachelor’s degree (concentration in Instructional Design, Medical Illustration or similar preferred)
- Experience working with Articulate Storyline for eLearning development
- At least 3 years of experience in elearning design and/or medical illustration
- Experience working with graphics or photo imaging software (such as Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Experience with screen recording and video and audio editing applications (such as Premier Pro, Articulate Replay, Audacity)
- Self-motivated to accomplish goals; driven to complete objectives and evaluate escalation of issues
- Experience translating business requirements into usable and innovative designs for web-based applications
- Experience accomplishing tasks in an optimum order based on time, importance or other criteria
- Specialized training and advanced education in Medicine, Science, Art, Design, Visual Technology, media techniques, or in theories related to communication and learning preferred
- Experience in controlling and coordinating concurrent projects, competing priorities and critical deadlines preferred
- Experience with interactive design software such as Articulate Storyline or similar preferred
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO