Senior Manager, Business Strategy
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Riverwoods, IL 60015
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Discover Global Acceptance (GA) Organization’s primary objective is to grow and protect DFS acceptance footprint (Discover, Diners Club, and Pulse brands) to support our Issuer, Franchises, and Business Partner’s growth.
The Senior Manager, Business Strategy is an individual contributor role that will report to the Acceptance Chief of Staff and is responsible for leading, executing, and managing the global acceptance reporting and analysis strategy. Manages, develops, and validates acceptance messaging. He/she will also be responsible for supporting leadership with planning, communicating and executing on strategic objectives.
- Analyzes data and multi-source information. Develops actionable messaging about the company’s global acceptance.
- Leads the research and analysis of competitive intelligence insights, as well as content development and messaging for meetings and external conferences.
- Manages acceptance messaging and relationships with industry analysts and research partners.
- Leads strategic initiatives and drives implementation of process improvements and tools supporting global acceptance.
- Leads the global acceptance support team/initiative that measures, tracks, reports on acceptance and market intelligence messaging.
- Maintains historical and auditable documentation substantiating claims messaging.
- Supports enterprise acceptance growth sales cycle, sales initiatives, account plans, and market forecasting.
- Develops presentations to support leadership.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business
- 5+ years of experience in Payment Card Industry and previous management experience
- In lieu of a degree, 5+ years of Payment Card Industry and previous management experience; ability to drive process, project, and results by influencing and collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders; strong leadership, teamwork, management, and presentation skills; excellent interpersonal skills with outstanding written and oral communication skills; ability to gather insights and deliver analysis to senior leadership; experience in sales, client support and/or customer experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Business
- Strong knowledge of Network Processing/Acceptance/Payment Services
- Understanding of Payment Services business model
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills; strategic mindset
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Strong communication skills in order to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work independently in an ambiguous and ever-changing environment
- Lean Six Sigma and/or demonstrated process improvement expertise
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.