Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Riverwoods, IL 60015
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for managing a team of data scientists/modelers to provide modeling solutions to Discover businesses, while adhering to enterprise compliance and governance standards. Directs and leads the team to develop models, utilizing machine learning and other algorithms. Presents the results of mathematical modeling and data analysis to management or other end users.
- Motivates and mentors the team of data scientists/modeler to grow their skills and careers, focused on creating a nurturing environment that encourages innovation and continual learning.
- Leverages extensive, deep technical knowledge and leadership skills to drive the development of data-science solutions and implements data-driven recommendations and outcomes.
- Acts as a liaison among Decision Management, business technology teams, and other business partners in model-lifecycle to escalate model time to market.
- Builds relationships with business partners. Allocates resources and prioritizes projects. Ensures the modeling projects are delivered in a timely manner.
- Maintains a high level of competency in statistical and analytical principles, tools and techniques, and supports the advancement of the “best-in-class” analytical capabilities to unlock new capabilities and performance, and quickly adapts to modern modeling techniques. Demonstrates technical knowledge in analytical tools.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or related quantitative field
- 4+ years of experience in project management and modeling, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or related quantitative field
- 6+ years of experience in the financial service industry, or related field
- 1+ years of experience in people management
- PMP, Lean Certified, Teradata, SQL
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.