Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Niles, IL 60714
PROGRAM MANAGER (1901816)
The Program Manager is accountable for the planning, directing, and execution of local and/or global projects. The Program Manager is responsible for managing projects and project team activities in the development and launch of new products or derivatives.
Program Manager will direct and influence the project team to achieve project deliverables including contractual and business objectives while ensuring customer satisfaction and QDRC.
This position is not eligible forvisa sponsorship.
- Coordinate/lead multiple projects of low-med complexity and risk. Manages predominantly CAT 1 projects or assists more advanced Program Managers in CAT 2 or 3 projects.
- Drive relevant project and project status communications; Monitor progress through project management reviews.
- Manage and work through project launch teams to ensure that the project scope and outcome is achieved.
- Execute, monitor and control the schedule, cost deliverables, risk management and scope to meet or exceed stakeholder and customer expectations.
- Responsible for allocating resources and management of the project team.
- Utilize the Woodward PLC (Product-Life-Cycle) process to support product development.
- Works across business to resolve elevated issues internally and with the customer, ensuring barriers that could impede program progress are removed.
- Coordinates with Customer Account Manager to act as the primary point of customer contact for the project.
- Presents and represents project status to customer and Woodward leadership.
- Participate in profit planning processes.
- Accountable for scope change management within the project. Responsible for orchestrating response to customer scope changes in collaboration with the Customer Account Manager and the project team.
- Support continuous improvement in the product development process.
- Assure customer development and production product forecasting and Sales Order demand is maintained
- Leverage all engineering groups to minimize total investment
- Participate, as appropriate, in BOA process evaluating new opportunities
- Collaborate with Sourcing to assure high quality, competitively priced supplier designed components
- Solid knowledge and experience with project management tools
- Basic understanding of the product life cycle
- Demonstrates leadership skills including the building of effective teams, an ability to manage conflict, the effective setting of priorities in the team and an ability to clearly define roles, responsibilities and objectives
- Ability to moderate and lead projects and drive technical decisions
- Ability to prepare technical and strategic issues for management decisions
- Effective planning thought processes
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills to customers and Woodward leadership
- Good business sense
- Financial acumen and use of analysis tools
- Ability to identify and mitigate project risks
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the Material Requirements Planning (MRPII) process
- Ability to understand how to get things done within the organization while considering their value and motivation
- Demonstrates a commitment to Quality, specifically 6 Sigma, Lean and continuous improvement
- Focused on customer needs, builds and maintains trust in relationship
- Knowledge of business systems
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, as required.
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelors Degree required. Program management or technical field preferred.
- Green Belt certification preferred
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification or equivalent, highly desired
2 years experience in program environment or project coordination
Materials and Equipment Used
Working Environment/Physical Activities
Work is generally performed in a normal office environment; however the job will take them into various areas of the plant where there is a possible exposure to noise, chemicals, dust and termperature variations.
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company’s innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
This position requires use of information which is subjectto the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the ExportAdministration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S.persons within the meaning of ITAR and EAR, or possess all requiredauthorizations from the U.S. Department of State Department and the U.S.Department of Commerce. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S.Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee,or Refugee.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer