Junior Network Administrator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Vertex Consulting Inc. in Schaumburg, IL is seeking Junior Network Administrators to install, configure, maintain and support IP network infrastructures. The following duties and responsibilities will be performed:
• Install, configure, and monitor the organization’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and internet systems or a segment of a network system.
• Perform route and switch configurations of data network for high availability and for remote sites.
• Produce data traffic reporting for performance analysis.
• Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems.
• Participate in performance/load testing and deployment of system applications on virtual cloud infrastructure.
• Design IP addressing schema for intranet and extranet.
• Responsible for overseeing telecommunication accounts with service providers.
• Perform business requirements analysis and transform them into technical requirements to use as a foundation for solution design and architecture.
• Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems.
• Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software and hardware.
• Ensure router and firewall access-list comply with business and division policies.
• Log all service requests, including detailed problem descriptions, updates and resolutions.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) field of study, plus at least two (2) years of experience in the job offered or in any related position.
Employer will accept 3- or 4- year Bachelor’s degree. Employer will accept a foreign degree.
No travel; no telecommuting.
Job duties are project-based and performed on long-term assignments at various unanticipated sites within the U.S. which may require relocation at the end of the project.
Mail resumes to: Vertex Consulting Services, Inc., Attn: HR, 935 N. Plum Grove Rd., Ste D., Schaumburg, IL 60173.