Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bannockburn, IL 60015
- Job ID .#:36774
- Position Type:Full-Time
- Education Required:Bachelors Degree
- Experience Required:7 – 10 Years
- Functional Area:Operations
- Relocation Provided:No
Position Description:This management position supports the organization’s Project Management Office by ensuring projects are executed in a timely manner and within budget. This role maintains established collaboration channels, ensures reports are updated and maintained, and assists in coordinating leadership meetings.
Key Job Activities:
1) Project Management:
Support and ensure that the projects and initiatives are planned and delivered to the outcomes. This includes:
• Develop and implements project governance including project change management.
• Manage a central depository of different templates and tools that are approved for effective project delivery.
• Ensure compliance with project initiatives, captures, and tracks including their specific year-over-year EBITA/Strategic value contributions.
• Provide the roll up of our executive reporting tools and ensures they are delivered on-time and accurate.
• Effectively manage and maintain project risks and issues and following escalation procedures.
• Implement an auditable WBS/Project tasks to manage the outcomes of the projects.
• Contribute to mature the EPMO with continuous and repeatable process
• Develop efficiencies in project delivery
• Implement and monitor KPI’s for project performance
• Manage multi-million-dollar projects ranging from $2M-$50M
• Develop, manage and communicate project integration office needs where there are cross functional dependencies
2) Project Planning
• Lead the coordination to define the requirements and scope for strategic projects.
• Schedule tasks, deadlines, and key milestones to ensure projects are delivered on time and within scope. Looks for ways to mitigate resource constraints and other risks, associated with the timeline.
3) Project Reporting
• Meets with business sponsors on a regular basis to communicate project progress and discuss issues.
• Resolves issues with the appropriate level of management.
• Effectively manages “scope creep” by building consensus about the necessity to change the original project plan.
• Meets EPMO and Organizational goals
• Partner with Leaders to roll out centralized EPMO globally
5) Other related duties as required or requested.
Position Requirements:Education equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or other related field, or equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating strong organizational and change management skills.
Eight or more years of relevant project management experience required, demonstrating the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
PMP certification preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, Visio, Outlook, and Access.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
It is the policy of Stericycle, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, to hire the best qualified people available without regard to race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, religion, status with regard to public assistance, order of protection status, disability, or veteran status.