Global Test Engineering Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Schaumburg, IL 60193
Global Test Engineering Manager
USA, Illinois, Schaumburg
Regular Full time
Natus Medical is a leading manufacturer of medical devices for the Newborn Care, Neurology, Sleep, Hearing and Balance markets since 1989. Natus products are used in hospitals, clinics and laboratories worldwide. Our mission is to improve outcomes and patient care in target markets through innovative screening, diagnostic and treatment solutions. Now we’re undergoing one of the biggest transformations in our history: OneNatus. In almost every area of Natus Medical, we’re shaking things up and looking for new ways to develop and deliver a great experience for our employees, customers and patients.
It means there’s a lot happening but it’s an exciting time to be part of our team. So, if you have the drive, optimism and resilience to help drive us forward, we’ll offer a ton of opportunities to learn and experience new things. If that’s you and what you’re looking for, we’d love you to be part of our future.
The Global Test Engineering Manager will lead the team responsible for creating and executing testing strategy by helping shape and drive the test engineering function in our new OneNatus vision. The right candidate will possess a strong background in medical device integration and verification and can think through complex system testing and has shown a track record of delivering high quality medical devices to the market.
In this position you will:
- Ensure that all direct reports are familiar with, trained on and follow all Quality System procedures related to their jobs which can affect the quality of products or services provided to our customers and that changes to procedures are reviewed, approved and validated prior to implementation.
- Build and leads a global test team that delivers world-class products
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with hardware and software engineering teams to define product requirements and test approach
- Work on strategy and help set direction with Test Architect while staying on top of the day-to-day product development deliverables
- Manage system integration activities to minimize issues in system verification and validation testing
- Interact with design team to resolve tests-related technical issues
- Teach and coach team members to complete projects and meet high quality standards,
- Communicate with all stakeholders for a program or organization to assist in managing testing scope, deliverables, issues and risks
- Identify and recommend improvements to methods and standards for a program or organization
- Proactively identify and propose improvements to our internal testing practices
- Provide hands-on support to the team in meeting program deliverables and quality goals
- Travel: This role does entail a moderate level of domestic and international travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or technical field. Advanced degree or MBA strongly preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in test engineering functions within medical device/diagnostics industry
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience with direct management responsibilities for direct reports required.
- Experience leading a verification and test team preferred; Demonstrated experience in successfully implementing process improvements preferred including but not limited to automated testing
- Extensive experience working with global teams and offshore partners
- Preferred deep Knowledge and application of following standards in the work experience — FDA Quality System Regulations, Design Controls, Current Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC 62304, IEC 60601, IEC 62366
- Ability to travel to global sites
Natus offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit package that starts on your 1st day, 401k match, an employee stock purchase plan, 9 paid holidays, generous paid time off plan (4 weeks to start) and tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 annually.
Natus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.