Managing Consultant | Clinical Documentation Impro
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60661
Job LocationsUS-TX-Dallas | US-TX-Houston | US-IN-Indianapolis | US-TN-Nashville | US-MO-Kansas City | US-MO-St. Louis | US-CO-Denver | US-MO-Springfield | US-OK-Tulsa | US-IL-Chicago
Managing Consultant | Clinical Documentation Improvement
Other Consulting Services
This position can be located in Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Nashville, Kansas City, St Louis, Denver, Springfield, Tulsa, or Chicago*
As a Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) Managing Consultant within our National Healthcare Advisory Practice, you will be working with the firm’s health care executive leadership team around the firm’s middle revenue cycle performance improvement initiatives. This position is a comprehensive role which requires consulting, clinical, analytical skills, including:
- Manage large projects focused on inpatient clinical documentation, coding and billing compliance and/or operational improvement
- Provide best in class experience for our clients
- Demonstrate thought leadership through speaking forums, white-papers, webinars, etc.
- Active participant in relevant health care industry groups (e.g., ACDIS, AHIMA, HFMA, HIMSS, etc.)
- Assist with new business development, growing our client relationships, qualifying leads and scoping opportunities
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical documentation improvement experience
- Past employment with large/medium sized Consulting firm(s) and/or acute care setting strongly preferred
- Recognized CDI credential from ACDIS (CCDS) or AHIMA (CDIP)
- Current clinical license (RN)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) a plus
- APR-DRG knowledge a plus
- Demonstration of DRG payer issues, documentation opportunities, and clinical documentation requirements
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Experience with clinical documentation supporting Severity of Illness (SOI) and Risk of Mortality (ROM)
- Experience with data analytics utilized in middle revenue cycle, clinical and financial operations
- Proficient in all areas of inpatient coding/auditing including ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines, AHA Coding Clinic as well as CDI guidelines endorsed by AHIMA and ACDIS
- Experience with writing rationales and providing education to clients, including training clinical documentation specialists and physicians/physician extenders
- Understanding of bolt-on technologies utilized for coding improvement and efficiencies
- Experience with Epic and/or Cerner
- Exposure to other technology platforms such as 3M, TruCode, Allscripts, etc. is helpful
- Travel up to 60-70% required depending on client commitments
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
BKD is a place where people build careers, gain new skills and enjoy big firm resources with a small firm approach to teamwork and camaraderie. We focus on providing unmatched client service to everyone we encounter—both in the marketplace and in our offices. We also offer the support, resources and opportunities you need to further develop your career. We listen to learn, combine innovation with practicality and give back to the communities where we live and work.
in terms of competitive compensation, People First benefits and paid time off.
Take your career to the next level at BKD.
BKD, LLP, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,650 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at .
BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.