3rd shift Maintenance Technician - 1632BR
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Decatur, IL 62523
Performs routine and preventative maintenance (PM) on all facility and production equipment at both facilities.
1. Install new equipment and perform preventative (PM) on all facility and production equipment at both facilities. This includes but is not limited to mechanical, electrical and HVAC type activities. Typical types of production equipment include filling, packaging, washing and sterilization equipment. Facility equipment includes air handlers, boilers, compressors, pumps, chillers, water treatment systems and general building maintenance.
2. Perform routine maintenance on production and facility equipment and components. This item includes all of the equipment listed above and may require the incumbent to work any shift and may necessitate both scheduled and unscheduled overtime. The incumbent may be required to carry and respond to a cell phone, pager or radio.
3. Work with all departments to increase the capacity of the manufacturing group by enhancing the reliability of equipment at the Decatur facilities. Keep an open line of communication across department and managerial lines.
4. Document and record all operating and maintenance data; May write purchase requisitions as instructed.
5. Assist with IQ, OQ and PQs.
6. Demonstrate, repetitively, the ability to perform soft soldering and solvent plastic welding in pressure applications, providing structurally adequate and neat work without defects.
7. Good organization skills to maintain a neat, clean and orderly work environment and facility.
8. Demonstrate the ability to understand and independently monitor, control and communicate the condition of all facility alarm systems to internal and external authorized personnel.
9. Demonstrate the ability to use basic hand tools, power tools and meters (DVM, Amp and Ohm).
10. Compliance with all OSHA and Akorn safety requirements.
11. Demonstrate the ability to interpret engineering and equipment installation drawings
12. Demonstrate a thorough and timely response to critical facility problems including environmental monitoring, security and fire alarms parameters.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED required. General knowledge or educational training of mechanical, electrical or electronic equipment. Minimum one to two years of related experience in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to meet attendance standards. All full-time employees are required to work a 40-hr week. At times it may be necessary to work additional hours in order to get the required tasks accomplished to meet deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, MENTAL REQUIREMENTS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Mental Requirements include:
? Ability to hear accurately the spoken word with moderate office noise or plant noise
? Ability to apply deductive reasoning and understand complicated issues
? Ability to receive instructions and follow work rules and company policies
? Ability to follow safety and security practices
? Ability to meet deadlines and effectively deal with office stress
? Ability to accurately communicate ideas, facts and technical information
? Maintain confidentiality of certain information
Akorn, Inc. is a niche pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded prescription pharmaceuticals as well as animal and consumer health products. We specialize in difficult-to-manufacture sterile and non-sterile dosage forms including: ophthalmics, injectables, oral liquids, topicals, inhalants, and nasal sprays. Akorn markets its products to retail pharmacies, ophthalmologists, optometrists, physicians, veterinarians, hospitals, clinics, wholesalers, distributors, group purchasing organizations, and government agencies.
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.