Cost Estimator - Rail Transportation - Chicago, IL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
ARCADIS is seeking a Cost Estimator – Rail Transportation to join our team in Chicago. Our ideal candidate will have spent at least 5 years in cost estimating for transportation infrastructure projects including rail, light rail and/or subway – including track, switches/controls, traction power, station and tunnel, projects ranging from $100,000 to $20 million in value.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ability to independently prepare bottom-up and top-down cost estimates from plans/drawings and documents from conceptual stage to final design/construction documents
- Analyze subconsultant and contractor cost proposals for reasonableness
- Independently develop cost estimates to verify price for contractor change proposals
- Independently perform scope, quantity and/or unit cost reconciliations
- Assist the project management staff in negotiations with contractor and preparing change documentation.
- Assist the project management staff in the preparation of the project budget
- Assist the project management staff with the management of project scope, budget, and schedule
- Assist with analysis, and report on the project key performance metrics
- Follow appropriate internal control safeguards to ensure consistent reporting of accurate information
- Must understand construction means and methods
- Experience in cost estimating related to construction
- Ability to produce quality materials within tight time-frames and simultaneously manage several assignments
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- 5 years of experience related to cost estimating
- BS/BA Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field
- Specialized skills and proficiency with cost estimating software
- 10 years of cost estimating experience
- CEP, CCM, PSP, PMI-SP certification(s)
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About this Business Line
Transportation, quite literally, makes the world go around. But rapidly increasing urbanization, shrinking budgets and sensitivity to the natural environment demand an innovative approach to advance the future of mobility in all its forms and functions. Join us in developing advanced infrastructure while helping our clients get the most from their existing assets – through innovation and transformational thinking. Together, we will solve some of the world’s most complex transportation and land development challenges. Help meet the demands of tomorrow – today.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.