Project Manager - Chicago, IL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
Arcadis is seeking a Project Manager to join our Chicago, Illinois team.
In this role you will plan, direct, and coordinate activities of a variety of projects executing the services requested by a client. These services can include all phases, or portions, of a project including pre-design, design, procurement, construction, and post construction.
Position responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
Project level responsibilities:
- Lead ARCADIS project team, working collaboratively with the Client and balance of project team
- Develop/Monitor budgets, both hard and soft costs.
- Develop/Monitor project schedules, including master schedules, design schedules and construction schedules.
- Assist client in procurement process for consultants, contractors, and other vendors required for a project.
- Assist Client in contract negotiations for project team members
- Assist/Manage document controls process.
- Have technical experience to review/evaluate design documents for completeness, constructability, and general oversight.
- Participate in value engineering efforts.
- Observe and monitor design team & contractor team to ensure that the project is being completed in accordance with Client’s established project(s) goals.
- Manage/monitor change order management process
- Complete project progress reports on regular (Monthly, Weekly, daily) basis as required by Client/Project.
- Assist in developing and maintaining cost control process, including cost projections
- Attend and/or chair project site meetings. Prepare & issue minutes of all site meetings
- Monitor safety and ensure that the requirements both ARCADIS and Client are being meet.
- Review and advise Client on all change orders
- Review & monitor monthly payment requests from Contractor, consultants and vendors on behalf of Client
- Assist in managing FFE procurement, expediting and installation if required by Client
- Assist in Project Closeout process.
- Participate in growing buildings practice in Chicago
- Assist in new project pursuits
- Mentoring/training of Assistant Project Managers
- Participate in career growth via training program
- A minimum of 8 years of construction management or project management experience
- Experience with a web-based projects
Why Choose Arcadis
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About this Business Line
Transportation, quite literally, makes the world go around. But rapidly increasing urbanization, shrinking budgets and sensitivity to the natural environment demand an innovative approach to advance the future of mobility in all its forms and functions. Join us in developing advanced infrastructure while helping our clients get the most from their existing assets – through innovation and transformational thinking. Together, we will solve some of the world’s most complex transportation and land development challenges. Help meet the demands of tomorrow – today.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.