Staff Planner / Scheduler
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
Arcadis seeks a Staff Planner / Scheduler to join the team in South Chicago / Northwest Indiana to actively participate in interactive planning and construction LEAN planning sessions – ensuring that comprehensive schedules are developed using industry best practices and site benchmarking data,
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attend all relevant constructability and model reviews throughout FEED and detailed engineering to ensure that the most accurate and realistic construction plans and execution strategies are reflected within the Master Schedule.
- Ensure constant alignment between Construction LEAN plans and Integrated Primavera Master Project Schedules – working with Construction Managers, ensuring that Master Schedule is the source of all plans.
- Work to align scheduling across all construction projects, establishing the client’s construction planning best-practice from a project controls perspective and ensuring these practices and standards are being adhered to and achieved.
- Develop Construction Scheduling Templates utilizing historical benchmarking data and norms.
- Certify that Field Performance updates are being captured in the Project Schedules, and forecasts are in accordance with Field Estimates.
- Understand how to fully build and maintain an organized, integrated EPC schedule using CPM, resource loading, baselining, coding, and cost accounts.
- Communicate the plan/schedule to all project team members on a consistent basis.
- Perform schedule analysis and report findings, including critical path(s), longest path and slippage analysis.
- Utilize critical path analysis and what-if scenarios to fully support the project team.
- Prepare reports on a consistent basis.
- Ensure all activity links are logic-driven and are aligned with project deliverables, Project Execution Plan (PEP), Contracting Strategy and Workface Planning.
- Integrate approved change orders in the schedule and analyze their impact on the project.
- 5 Years of Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or 10 years’ experience, MS/MBA preferred but not required
- Strong skills in MS Excel & MS Access for Data analysis and reporting purposes (Graphs &Data visualization, Pivot tables, etc.)
- Power BI or Tableau Experience Preferred
- PMI, AACEI, CMAA, or CSI certifications preferred
Why Choose Arcadis?
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Now more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided groundbreaking sustainable solutions for some of the world’s most complex projects. We wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting. We are encouraged to innovate, apply emerging technologies and develop better solutions through global learning opportunities and workshops. Our team improves quality of life for our clients and their communities. Join us today!
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law .