Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Job LocationsUS-IL-Elk Grove Village
.# of Openings
The Logistics Supervisor is responsible for supervising and coordinating a wide variety of logistics activities in conformity with client’s requirements.
- Supervise the functions and working of logistics agents including: prioritizing work, assigning daily tasks and targets, establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet changing demands, and ensuring optimum efficiency of logistics staff.
- Supervises and coordinates the logistics needs of clients including warehousing and/or transportation.
- Responsible for all daily operation in the warehouse and communication with customer.
- Responsible for operation error with investigate and find root cause of the error to avoide future mis-operation.
- Work on special projects for clients as requested.
- Responsible for storage and inventory control using the WMS or client’s software for tracing of inventory.
- Responsible for negotiating with and choosing outsourced packing and repacking services and domestic delivery services.
- Supervises loading and unloading at YLA facility.
- Responsible for planning loads using appropriate carriers and ensuring that the right equipment is in place according to the size of the cargo and including any special handling requirements.
- Responsible for obtaining quotes and negotiating rates with carriers.
- Responsible for damage reports to client.
- Ensures all special customer requirements are met, including customer reports and on-time deliveries.
- Supervises the work of Logistics Agents. Carries out the supervisory responsibilities according to the organization’s management policies, procedures, and any applicable laws. Responsibilities include hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues and resolving problems.
- High School Diploma or GED required. AAS degree preferred but not required.
- 3-5 years of related experience in logistic (3PL) distribution (including inventory management) customer service, transportation and accounting. 1 year of supervisory experience) and/ or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Position typically supervises a minimum of 6-8 employees.
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and leadership (internally and externally).
- Solid computer skills including MS Word and Outlook. Ability to learn proprietary software applications
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company’s employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. (“YLA” or “the Company”) is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of YLA’s employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.