Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60290
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Motorola Solutions is a telecommunications company with a long history of innovation, and we are excited to offer tax internship opportunities. We offer a dynamic work environment where your ideas and input will be valued, and where you will gain exposure to our finance leaders and an understanding of the different functional areas of finance.
The Motorola Solutions Global Tax Team is comprised of 30 accounting and legal professionals supporting global corporate tax return compliance, tax planning/audits, tax accounting and tax reporting for financial statement purposes for a large multinational corporation with operations in over 65 countries. The tax team is primarily located in Chicago, IL with regional tax members in Asia, Europe and Latin America.
The Motorola Solutions tax internship is designed to provide participants with a broad and diverse experience so that they may gain an understanding of the role of a global corporate tax function and the value-added contribution a finance/accounting professional can have on a tax team. The tax intern will be provided with a challenging, educational and rewarding experience which may include (but is not limited to) the following:
* Learn and assist with the corporate income tax return process (federal, state and/or international), including preparation of the returns and providing audit support
* Provide support and assistance to the tax accounting function, including assisting with quarterly tax close processes and financial reporting for taxes
* Obtain a general understanding of the company’s effective tax rate and legal entity structure
* Gain a working knowledge of the company’s internal systems, as well as the company s tax specific software tools
* Have the opportunity to provide insight and recommendations regarding existing processes (i.e. provide a fresh-look )
* Pursuing a Bachelors of Science in Finance and/or Accounting
* Graduation date must occur on or after September 1, 2020
* Minimum of 12 accounting and/or finance credit hours
* Minimum 3.2 GPA
REFERRAL PAYMENT PLAN
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or, any other protected characteristic.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS EMPLOYEE, PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO APPLY THROUGH YOUR WORKDAY ACCOUNT..
For more details go to URL