Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
KANKAKEE, IL 60901
Must have the ability to read and write.
The Building Maintenance Janitor must have a building or maintenance background.
Must be able to lift 75 lbs. approximately 20 times per day. Must be able to bend from waist forward to a 90-degree angle approximately 50 times a day. Must be able to climb up a ladder 20 feet. Must be able to differentiate colors. Requires normal hearing, vision, and speech.
The Maintenance Janitor will report to the Maintenance Supervisor.
This position is non-exempt from overtime.
To assure proper cleanliness and sanitation of the building and grounds.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
These are the important duties, tasks, and responsibilities that accompany this position. The following is a list of some of the more important essential functions:
1. Cleaning services will be rendered as directed by the Chief Engineer.
2. The Company building and grounds will be serviced as to provide a neat and well-groomed appearance.
3. Safety, product quality, and employee moral through cleanliness and sanitation will be a priority of the Building Services.
Building & Grounds Systems:
1. Cleanliness will be paramount.
2. All refuse and recycling containers are to be emptied and sanitized daily according to the cleaning schedule.
3. The building and grounds will be cleaned and groomed as per the Weekly Cleaning Schedule and Maintenance Supervisor instructions.
4. The lunchroom and all rest rooms will be cleaned and sanitized each workday.
5. All waste receptacles shall be emptied daily, then cleaned and sanitized weekly.
6. Hand soap, toweling, disinfectant lotion, and tissue dispensers will be checked daily for content level, and replenished as needed.
7. All carpeting will be vacuumed every other day.
8. All windows will be cleaned on a monthly basis.
9. All phones, picture frames and employee posting areas will be cleaned weekly.
10. All drinking fountains will be cleaned daily.
11. Ensure all flooring is kept clean.