Quality Specialist - 1st, 2nd and 3rd Shifts
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Joliet, IL 60436
1st Shift, Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 3:00pm
2nd Shift, Monday – Friday, 3:00pm – 11:00pm
3rd, Shift, Sunday – Thursday, 11:00pm – 7:00am
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees take pride in their work and show dedication to their job. As the Quality Specialist, you will perform internal audits of the manufacturing process and supporting departments, as well as verify the implementation of ISO policies and procedures described in the documented quality system. On our team, you?ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you?ll do on a typical day:
- Take direction from cell captains and supervisors
- Perform random, in-process auditing designated by the Quality Manager/Supervisor or lead; assist with follow-up on quality-related problems
- Inspect finished products, products being processed, incoming materials, parts, assemblies and test products for conformance to company standards; check to ensure corrective action is being taken on failed lots
- Assume responsibility of the process being audited and communicate with supervisors, managers, leads and cell captains to resolve lot non-conformances or other related quality issues
- Analyze, resolve and communicate work problems to supervisor, and assist coworkers in solving problems; document audit findings and records in quality database system
- Train and interpret process procedures/work instructions/quality bulletins with departments being audited and provide input on changes and/or updates to work instructions/procedures
- Participate in special projects, such as auditing, training other departments or inspecting, and provide reports to management on findings
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you?ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months of related experience
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. frequently and up to 50 lbs. occasionally; tolerate hot or cold warehouse environments
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to interpret graphs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
It?d be great if you also have:
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one, small and large group situations to customers, clients and coworkers
- Demonstrated commitment to process excellence by ensuring proper, efficient and accurate uses of processes
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team ? energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.