Painter, Prep/Prime - 2nd Shift
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elgin, IL 60120
Summary of Position
Under direct supervision, perform work based upon supervisor direction to sort and prepare parts for painting process.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare manufactured parts for finish painting by performing one or more of the following items: power washing, grinding, masking, and sanding.
- Organize and transport identified part into assigned area Sort, load and organize identified parts onto conveyor system in an efficient manner.
- Sort and load identified part onto conveyor system in an efficient manner
- Using appropriate tools, blast prepared parts to prepare finish for painting process
- Input and scan work order data into MRP/JDE system using RF scanner, keyboard and mouse
- Meet predetermined daily/weekly/monthly production schedule and ensure parts are completed and ready for production stations.
- Follow all procedures and processes in accordance to apply paint to manufactured parts and produce a defect-free product.? Complete required in-process inspection, repair/correct any defect and resolve any quality issues with other departments as required.
- Follow and comply with all safety and personal protective equipment requirements.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement of our products and processes to better serve our customers and improve the overall profitability of the company.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.?
- Must be able to pass Fork Lift Certification process
- Ability to use pallet jack and overhead crane preferred.
Benefits of Employment
In addition to excellent career growth opportunities, Federal Signal Corporation offers a wide array of benefits including: annual bonus potential, insurance (life, medical, dental, vision), paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) with matching contributions and tuition reimbursement. We provide our employees with a smoke-free, drug-free workplace.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO