Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elgin, IL 60120
Summary of Position
Under direct supervision, perform duties to assemble parts and/or vehicles in accordance with customer specification and quality standards.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Review customer factory order and pull current print to determine required assembly, exterior finish or any special options
- Assemble assigned components according to blueprints, assembly drawings and job requirements.
- Notify Material Handler of shortage of subassemblies, parts or fasteners are below indicated inventory levels.? Request and verify re-order inventory via internal Pull System.
- Report all non-conforming parts, materials or drawings to assigned Production Supervisor.
- Ability to input and scan work order data into MRP/JDE system using RF Scanner, keyboard and mouse and complete required reporting.
- Consult Quad Leader on suggestion/guidance to resolve assembly problems.
- Follow all procedures and processes in accordance to assembly of machine in order to build a defect-free product.? Complete required in-process inspection, repair any defects found and document critical quality information as necessary
- Actively participate in continuous improvement of our products and processes to better serve our customers and improve the overall profitability of Elgin Sweeper
- Meet predetermined daily/weekly/monthly TAKT rate and ship schedule and ensure subassemblies are done and ready for line stations
- Follow and comply with all safety and personal protective equipment requirements.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area complying with all 5S initiatives and advise Production supervisor of any issues needing a maintenance work order.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with basic mechanical education
- 6 Months related job experience
- Ability to read Blue Prints
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and stand for at least 6 hours per day.
Benefits of Employment
In addition to excellent career growth opportunities, Federal Signal Corporation offers a wide array of benefits including: annual bonus potential, insurance (life, medical, dental, vision), paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) with matching contributions and tuition reimbursement. We provide our employees with a smoke-free, drug-free workplace.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO