Loan Post Closing Clerk
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mattoon, IL 61938
GENERAL SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for providing centralized loan servicing support to bank’s branches, loan operations and loan officers. Responsible for performing a variety of clerical functions including loan processing, document tracking, document review, etc. Provides excellent service to both internal and external customers.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Tracks and files multiple loan documents i.e. insurance, UCCs, financial statements, titles, title policies, recorded mortgage, etc.
- Completes documentation checklists and reviews loan files after closing to ensure all documentation was obtained and liens on collateral are perfected.
- Communicates with necessary personnel on loan documentation not found during the review of closed loan files.
- Reviews the accuracy of title work on real estate loans.
- Requests and monitors receipt of items required annually i.e. financial statements, insurance, etc.
- Responds to group emails and phone calls, researching loans on the system as needed. Acts as escalation point for complex issues.
- Images loan documentation as needed
- Prepares paid note statements as well as releases.
- Initiates forced placed insurance.
- Maintains loan files in a neat and orderly manner.
- Responsible for payment reversals/corrections; waiving of late charges, fees and interest.
- Cross-sell bank products and services in a professional manner.
- Completed required training associated with job function.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Good computer skills. Good knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet functions.
- Thorough understanding of loans, loan system and Fiserv system.
- Must be able to work with a significant amount of detailed information in an accurate, timely and confidential manner.
- High level of interpersonal skills to interact with loan officers, appraisers and title companies in a professional manner.
- Adequate knowledge of both internal policies and procedures and the respective state and federal laws and regulations governing departmental functions to ensure performance of individual job duties within the proper control environment.
- May be required to work a rotating schedule on Saturdays.
- May be required to work earlier, later or longer than a normal workday.
- Training normally acquired through high school education or equivalent plus specialized training in banking or loan operations.
- 1 – 3 years clerical or banking experience.
This Job Description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the individual assigned to this position and should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the position. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties. All requirements are subject to change and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Equal Opportunity Employer