Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Evanston, IL 60201
Senior Buyer (69909)
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organization comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs more than 10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Senior Buyer for our Supply Chain Procurement department located at our Corporate office in Evanston IL. This is a full-time position and is benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled on normal business hours, Monday through Friday.
The purpose of this job is to source, negotiate, and purchase materials, supplies, and equipment for hospital use at best pricing. This position functions under the direction of a Purchasing manager within guidance of Purchasing & Material Services policies and procedures.
- Ensures all orders placed for their area of responsibility follow established hospital purchasing policies
- Monitor purchase requests for accuracy and validity, compliance with signature requirements, and compliance to standards and contracts
- Ensure requisitions are processed in a timely manner
- Prepares and coordinates product returns, ensuring credit is received
- Works with accounts payable staff to resolve pricing issues within defined standards
- Coordinates efforts with vendors to resolve pricing or credit issues
- Ensures information updates are provided to systems staff in a timely manner
- Coordinates with systems staff on template reviews and updates
- Participates in or identifies cost saving opportunities
- Ensure products reach the appropriate end user
- Provide return documents to Receiving staff for products in timely manner
- Other projects/duties, as assigned
Please explore our website () to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.