Medical Assistant - Highland Park OBGYN
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Highland Park, IL 60035
Medical Assistant – Highland Park OBGYN (69910)
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organization comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs more than 10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Medical Assistant for our Highland Park MOB OB/GYN department located in Highland Park, IL. This is a full-time position and is benefits eligible. Hours will rotate Monday through Friday between 7:00AM – 7:30PM, in addition to rotating weekends. Travel to other Medical Group offices in Lake Forest and Gurnee will be required.
In this role, you will:
- Greet patients and escort them to exam room
- Document vital signs, allergies, medications and reason for office visit
- Provide front office support as needed
- Perform basic vitals like BP, height and weight
- Phlebotomy and injections may be required
Our ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of an accredited medical assisting program is preferred
- CPR certification required
- One year of related experience required; previous experience working in a medical office is preferred
- AMT or AAMA certification preferred
Please explore our website () to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.