Clinical Nurse - Emergency Department, Full-time, 5p/5a Dekalb)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dekalb, IL 60115
The Registered Nurse performs established procedures in accordance with hospital and the department of patient care services philosophy, policies, and standards. Care is provided with consideration to developmental needs and abilities. The RN uses the nursing process to ensure the delivery of high-quality evidence-based nursing care to the patient and family, based upon knowledge and experience as defined by:
Illinois Nurse Practice Act
Patient s Bill of Rights
Policies and procedures established by the Patient Care Services
The Standards of Nursing Practice published by The American Nurses Association and/or nationally recognized nursing or health-care specialty organizationsProfessional Conduct Standards (ANA Code of Ethics, 2001)
- ADN- Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing
- Associate Degree RN s must enroll in an accredited Bachelors of Science (BSN) Completion Program within 90 days of your employment start date. You will have three years from your employment start date to complete your degree.
- RN License in the State of Illinois in good standing
- BLS Certification Required
PREVIOUS EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT OR CRITICAL CARE RN EXPERIENCE STRONGLY PREFERRED
Required within 6 months of employment
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Required within one year of employment
- Advanced Pediatric Course(PALS or ENPC)
Required within two years of employment
- Advanced Trauma Course (TNCC or TNS)
Emergency Communications Registered Nurse (ECRN) at Director/Manager s direction
Certification in Emergency Nursing (CEN) after a minimum of 2 years experience
NIH stroke scale certification required every two years.
ED RNs will have a minimum of 8 hours of pediatric emergency/ critical care continuing education hours within a 2-year period.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.
Employer’s Job# 0060908
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.