Civil Engineer / Estimator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Naperville, IL 60540
Full time position available for a Civil Engineer / Estimator for our Naperville Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent (or significant work experience) preferred
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the excavating, and underground sewer and water industry
• Experience obtaining knowledge of project and regulations to construct the project successfully.
• Review and recommend solutions based on estimate, and engineering quality
• Analyze options for most effective means and methods of construction
• Experience preparing bids, selecting vendors, and subcontractors
• Determine cost effectiveness of projects and ensure timely completion of estimates
• Experience in managing construction projects
• Ability to read and understand blueprints and construction documents
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Ability to coordinate and oversee field manpower, subcontractors and equipment
• Ability to monitor project budget and execute change orders
• Understanding of proper safety procedures and recognition of job site hazards
• Ability to lift up-to 50 lbs
• Local jobs; home every night must be willing to travel
• Safety oriented
• Competitive hourly wage
• Bi-Weekly Pay with direct deposit
• Benefits – Health, Dental, Vision, Life
Pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Job Type: Full-time, Monday to Friday, Some weekends required