Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago Heights, IL 60412
This position is responsible for assisting the Dentist and if needed, the Dental Hygienist in the direct provision of primary care dental services to patients of the community health center.
Serve as the chair-side assistant to the Dentist or if needed, Dental Hygienist.
Prepare operatory for patient treatment as per Dental Department protocols and the Dentist or Dental Hygienist’s directions.
Expose and develop dental radiographs in accordance with state regulations and law as well as Dental Department directive and protocol.
Assist in answering patient’s questions regarding minor procedures as authorized by the Dentist or Dental Hygienist.
Perform independent procedures as delegated and directed by the Dentist in accordance with state regulation and law and department policies and procedures.
Maintain Dental Department equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s directions and department policies and procedures.
Maintain adequate operatory supplies for inventory control and ordering purposes.
Maintain a list of all Dental Department patients, monitor patient flow, and assist the Dental Director, Dentist and Dental Hygienist in assuring that all patient records and documents are properly and accurately completed and filed.
Ensure the sterility of all reusable dental instruments and equipment in accordance with department policies and procedures.
Ensure the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially contaminated materials in accordance with department policies and procedures as well as state and federal regulations.
Complete all Core Curriculum training(s) required for the position.
Perform other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrates dependability by starting and ending work at scheduled time. Following policies for requesting and reporting time off.
• Follows instructions from Supervisor and responds to requests in a timely manner. Performs duties with minimal supervision, but seeks guidance when and where appropriate to the job and consults the appropriate staff.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with others. Accepts additional challenges and responsibilities and willingly assists others.
• Effectively communicates both in writing and verbally presenting information in a clear and concise manner. Demonstrates respect for all individuals in all forms of communication.
• Anticipates problems and demonstrates critical thinking through facilitating problem resolution.
• Adapts to change and utilizes resources effectively.
• Meet or exceed expected performance benchmarks.