Seasonal Equipment Operator - Sauget, IL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Sauget, IL 62206
Job ID:? 160941
Oldcastle Lawn & Garden, a division of Oldcastle, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities.? We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
Operators will operate a front-end loader in a rugged outdoor, unpaved environment to move bulk material throughout a manufacturing facility while adhering to safety policies and procedures.?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read job specifications to determine operator adjustments and material requirements
- Observes equipment operation to detect machine malfunction
- Performs routine maintenance to include lubricating, fueling and cleaning
- Inspect and complete equipment report daily
- Ability to move levers, shift gears, depress pedals and maneuver steering wheel to operator equipment
Requirements / Education / Experience
- At least 2 years? experience using heavy equipment/front end loader (Volvo L90 preferred)
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Able to sit for extended periods in operation of equipment on varying surfaces (paved, dirt, multilevel)
- Able to climb up & down from cab heights with ease multiple times per hour
- Must be able to work safely in a busy mulch yard, judging distances and operating equipment with precision.
- Must be able to work effectively in extreme outdoor climate(s) – cold, heat, rain, fog
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America?s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you?re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Lawn and Garden is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability—If you want to know more, please click on this?link.?
Lawn and Garden is part of the?Oldcastlecareers??network.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO