Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Alsip, IL 60803
Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Production Technician is responsible for setting up and operating a group of machines and making necessary adjustments or mechanical repairs to the machines and auxiliary equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This person is also responsible for the quality checks and housekeeping. This is a?3rd shift position.?The typical hours are?11:50pm – 8:00am.
- Function within the Team/ISO environment.
- Tend to a group of blow molding machines, which produce plastic containers.
- Make frequent quality checks on the product observing it for deviations in weight, sidewall thickness, flash, poor distribution, concavity, convexity or crooked sections and making adjustments to correct malfunctions and eliminate defects.
- Make periodic checks of heat controls, cooling water temperatures, pressures and functioning of extruder and hydraulic pumping units.
- Perform preventative maintenance on machines and auxiliary equipment as assigned.
- Unjamming conveyor systems.
- Observing all local and company safety policies and procedures as well as housekeeping requirements.
- Maintaining various daily production and team reports.
- Perform screen changes as required.
- Miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action
- An Associate?s Degree (electronics, automated technology, etc.) and/or related experience.
- Strong verbal communication skills as demonstrated in the context of the interviewing processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated in the context of the interviewing processes and verifiable references.
- Mechanically inclined as verifiable by transcript, reference, testing, or other approved methods.
- Must own and supply his/her own tools and be familiar with their functions and usage.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO