Mig Welder - 2nd Shift
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elgin, IL 60120
Summary of Position
Work from Blue Prints, work instruction, and bill of materials to perform duties to fit and weld a variety of subassemblies and parts in sheet or stainless steel to close tolerances using MIG welding techniques.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Pull order, review blue print, verify material, set up necessary fixtures and tack as appropriate to complete welding process.
- Brace and clamp parts as required to avoid distortion and for proper alignment.
- Regulate welding equipment current and voltage.
- Maintain proper weld penetration, quality fit and overall dimensions of parts and adjust to correct irregularities and deviations.
- Change wire spools and bottle gas for welding equipment.
- Perform quality inspection on 100% of work product by using appropriate measuring tools to ensure defined tolerances and measurement are accurate to Blue Print.
- Identify 100% of part produced by stamping with individual employee number.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area complying with all 5S initiatives.
- Follow and comply with all safety and personal protective equipment requirements.
- Ability to input and scan work order data into MRP/JDE system using RF scanner, keyboard and mouse.
- Follow all procedures and processes in accordance to in order to build a defect-free product.? Complete required in-process inspection, repair any defects found and document critical quality information as necessary
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required with at least 6-12 months related work experience
- Formal welding education or equivalent experience is necessary and ability to pass internal certification process.
- Be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.?
- Ability to use pallet jack and overhead crane preferred.
Benefits of Employment
In addition to excellent career growth opportunities, Federal Signal Corporation offers a wide array of benefits including: annual bonus potential, insurance (life, medical, dental, vision), paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) with matching contributions and tuition reimbursement. We provide our employees with a smoke-free, drug-free workplace.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO