MRI Technologist - Diagnoistic Imaging, In-house Registry, Rotating Kish Hospital)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dekalb, IL 60115
The MRI Technologist is able to independently perform all MRI procedures done in the hospital, proficiently. Is knowledgeable in the operation of MRI scanner, surface coils and all accessories, operator s console, workstation and laser printer. Coordinates the workload to ensure prompt, efficient and cost effective delivery of MRI services. Performs some transporting and clerical duties as needed and assists other MRI technologists and support personnel.
- MRI experience or knowledge
- Ability to inject intravenous contrast under the direction of the radiologist
- Ability to utilize appropriate patient care data and information related to the patient populations treated at this hospital (i.e. neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatrics)
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to lift heavy weight occasionally with proper lifting dynamics
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50lbs.
LICENSURE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Certification from the American Registry of Radiology Technologists (ARRT) or registry eligible
- MRI Registry to be obtained within 1 year of hire and maintained
- Must maintain current BLS certification
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.
Employer’s Job# 0060912
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.