Operational Performance Lead (OPL) - Midwest
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mundelein, IL 60060
Job ID:? 160949
Northfield, a CRH company, is a division within?Oldcastle APG.? APG is North America?s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36?states and 5?Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
The Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG) has launched an effort, Operations Performance System (OPS), to improve APG into a world class manufacturing operation, driving financial improvement and employee satisfaction. The effort focuses on implementing an integrated set of initiatives to maximize production efficiency across APGs ~180 plants in North America.
The person will work on site with local business leaders to:?
Implement OPS tools at local companies across initiatives including
- Performance management
- Preventative Maintenance
- Production planning
- Labor scheduling
- Streamline site(s) processes ? analyze each site, define the bottlenecks for each production line, build and execute a plan to increase production efficiency
- Lead group training sessions on OPS tools and best practices
- Conduct one on one training with new operations employees
- Conduct one on one training on production floor with frontline employees
Drive additional operations improvements projects locally including ? but not limited to:
- Strategic sourcing / procurement of supplies purchased locally
- Problem solving local production / equipment challenges
- Support capital improvement projects
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Bachelor?s Degree in relevant field including engineering, management/finance or IT
- 5 + years of demonstrated track record of driving improvements in operations or related field
- Very strong analytical skills – ability to analyze volumes of data, synthesize and communicate critical findings
- Communication skills that work with both a frontline manufacturing environment and an executive team
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time within a designated region including some overnight stays
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs