Occupational Therapist - Hand, Part-Time, Days
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60290
- Assesses the patient, reviews and interprets the patient s medical evaluations and test results.
- Evaluates patient s functioning in activities of daily living, identifies desired functional outcomes/goals, and determines a therapeutic intervention plan.
- Instructs, encourages and assists the patient in performing therapeutic activities, incorporates appropriate assistive and supportive devices.
- Evaluates effects of treatment, observes and notes patient s progress and response to therapy, recommends adjustments and modifications.
- Provides patient, family, and caregiver education and instruction in home care programs.
- Participates in home care planning, maintains ongoing communication, and completes discharge planning in collaboration with the health care team to assure continuation of therapeutic treatment.
- Acts as the liaison between interdepartmental staff, management, and external agencies.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Occupational Therapist, Licensed (IL).
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists (NBCOT) certification.
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Zero (0) to two (2) years experience in a relevant role.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.
Employer’s Job# 0061289
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.