Director, Corporate Finance
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60606
DescriptionGATX : Who are we?
We are known worldwide as a leader in leasing tr ansportation assets and control one of the largest railcar flee ts in the world. The key to our long-term growth and success is attracting and retaining the most talented people from around the world.
We seek individuals who are creative, intuitive, driven, intellectually curious and eager to join a dynamic organization where high-quality work, collaboration and dedication are deeply woven into the corporate culture.
How will you make an impact ?
The Director of Corporate Finance evaluates and executes long-term financing. This role manages Corporate Finance projects with limited supervision, while coordinating the efforts of financial institutions, outside counsel, and various departments within GATX. The Director presents and supports analysis and recommendations to senior management for approval. GATX is an investment grade company with approximately $4 billion of debt and significant annual financing requirements. The execution and pricing of long-term financing has a significant impact on the net income of the corporation.
What are your key activities?
- Independently analyze and execute long-term financing transactions, such as unsecured and secured debt in the bank and capital markets, sale-leasebacks, and securitizations. Evaluate alternatives and present recommendations to senior management for approval. Serve as project manager in the execution of approved transactions, coordinating the efforts of financial institutions, outside counsel, and various departments/subsidiaries within GATX. Work with banks, financial advisors and counsel to develop optimal strategies and negotiate acceptable transaction terms.
- Independently manage various corporate finance projects, such as interest rate and foreign currency hedging, share repurchase, and repatriation programs. Perform complicated analyses to evaluate potential opportunities and manage risk. Present and support analysis to senior management for approval. Coordinate with various internal departments and outside advisors to see projects through to successful completion.
- Prepare presentations for discussions with the rating agencies, Board of Directors, and bankers/outside investors. Preparation of these presentations generally involves working with other departments and senior management.
- Maintain certain on-going responsibilities involving the administration of the debt and derivative portfolios, such as covenant compliance, debt valuation and execution of ISDAs.
- Keep management abreast of developments in the capital markets and new financial products by maintaining relationships with commercial and investment bankers.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or a related major required
- MBA with a concentration in finance preferred
- 5+ years experience in finance or financial analysis, including at least 2 years of financing transaction experience
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- Solid projec t management skills
- Experience in negotiating and closing transactions
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
GATX embraces diversity and we are proud to be an Equa l Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.Follow us on LinkedIn! – https://www.linkedin.com/company/gatx/
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/65sfxwpdkvmmfds6