Director, Internal Audit
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60606
DescriptionGATX : Who are we?
We are known worldwide as a leader in leasing tr ansportation assets and control one of the largest railcar flee ts in the world. The key to our long-term growth and success is attracting and retaining the most talented people from around the world.
We seek individuals who are creative, intuitive, driven, intellectually curious and eager to join a dynamic organization where high-quality work, collaboration and dedication are deeply woven into the corporate culture.
How will you make an impact ?
The Director, Internal Audit is the pivotal member of the Internal Audit team, with responsibility for front-line management and hands-on execution of key internal audit initiatives. This position reports directly to the Audit Committee of the GATX Board of Directors and administratively to the Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary . The successful candidate should have a specific background in audit including experience with the Sarbanes Oxley Act as well as experience in operational audits, risks/controls and global investigations. Additionally , the candidate should have a demonstrated track record of advancement and possess the ability to provide pragmatic internal control recommendations that add value to the organization. Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and audit teams are also desired.
What are your key activities?
Oversee the creation of internal accounting controls that ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley legislation and that safeguard company assets. These will cover programs for accounting, financial, information systems, and operational controls.
Ensure the execution of a systematic, disciplined and balanced approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of processes, internal controls, risk management and governance processes and adding value to support further global scalability by identifying audit recommendations to support both corrective action and process improvements. Conduct risk assessments and partner with Regulatory Compliance and Risk Management functions, serving as the Internal Audit liaison on enterprise-wide risk and control initiatives. Support Accounting and Financial Reporting functions, ensuring the financial statements and disclosures are in conformity with U.S. GAAP.
Coordinate Internal Audit activities with those of the external auditors to ensure proper audit coverage, eliminate duplicate efforts and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of audit activities. Possess the ability to align the Internal Audit and SOX activities with the external auditor’s independent plan. Represent GATX at the ELFA and Railcar Leasing coalition, and other industry groups as deemed appropriate, with respect to accounting matters.
Establish the annual internal audit plan and manage internal and external resources to execute the plan.
Design procedures that provide assurance to management, the Audit Committee, external auditors and shareholders that operations, financial statements and reports comply with company policy, as well as generally accepted accounting practices.
Partner with functional leadership and their staff in developing strong, professional and independent relationships to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the business to enable value added recommendations that improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Regular reporting and communicating with the Audit Committee and management. Coordinate the agenda schedule and delivery of materials for Audit Committee meetings with the Chair of the Audit Committee and management.
Oversee the execution of other tasks or special projects when required by management, such as due diligence reviews, fraud investigation, etc.
Maintain a dialogue with other industry colleagues from professional audit organizations and commercial enterprises. Keep abreast of industry issues and trends in order to proactively shape Internal Audit practices and procedures.
- Combined minimum 13 years of experience in audit and control functions.
- Must possess excellent project management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities .
- Prior experience managing a high performing Audit team .
- Must possess a thorough understanding of internal audit principles and Sarbanes Oxley balanced with a demonstrated ability to understand key business drivers and issues having successfully implemented those principles in a complex global environment.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to build effective and long standing partnerships across the organization at all levels, particularly with senior management, operating business leaders, and line executives.
- Must be able to make a meaningful contribution to drive results in the organization. Will be well – versed in performance management and have the capability to be a strong business partner within the organization. He or she must be able to “deep dive” into the details of the business while staying focused on the big picture and be able to conceptualize both problems and solutions.
- Must possess the highest professional and personal standards, unquestioned integrity and business ethics. Demonstrated ability and courage of his or her own convictions and adhering to strongly held principles and values – and hold others to the same standards. This person must be prepared to define their position on significant issues and drive change when necessary.
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, energetic and possess a natural curiosity to learn. They will see this role as an opportunity to understand and appreciate the nuances of the company’s global business platform, providing them with the skills to further their career within the company.
- Relevant experience with a Big Four accounting firm and/or experience within an Internal Audit department of a large multinational company.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/29sxp4nys9gwkwdx