Lead Inventory Analyst - Excess and Obsolete
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
La Grange, IL 60525
Auto req ID: 4624BR
Posting Title: Lead Inventory Analyst \- Excess and Obsolete
Job Category: Supply Chain
Company DescriptionProgress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers\. Our customers enjoy one\-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle\-to\-grave railway solutions \- whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself\. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs\. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future\. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success\. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala\., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world\. For more information, visit www\.progressrail\.com and follow @Progress\_Rail on Twitter and YouTube\.
Job PurposeThe Lead Inventory Analyst \- Excess and Obsolete \(E&O\) plays a vital role in the success of the Aftermarket organization\. The Lead Inventory Analyst \- E&O is responsible for leading day\-to\-day initiatives pertaining to excess and obsolete inventory\. This individual will lead efforts between Engineering, Product Management, Finance and Supply Chain to develop and execute ideas for the utilization \(conversion, sale, scrap\) of E&O inventory throughout the enterprise\. This individual will ensure proper disposition of material in accordance with company processes and procedures\.
Key Job ElementsTHIS POSITION IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RELOCATION BENEFITS\.
• Serve as the focal point for all inquires and information on excess inventory;
• Serve as the lead for Aftermarket review and approval of Engineering change requests;
• Complete technical reviews of parts supersessions to identify conversion opportunities into viable material;
• Coordinate with Product Management and Supply Chain to approve Availability Checks for UTEX;
• Analyze system data to identify opportunities to prevent growth of E&O inventory;
• Work regularly with departments outside the work group to create consensus in inventory reduction efforts;
• Coordinate with Supply Chain organization to execute material movements to facilities with demand;
• Compile monthly, quarterly and annual detailed reporting of team activities to present to management;
• Perform all responsibilities in accordance with “Our Values in Action, Caterpillar’s Code of Conduct\.”
Education / Training• B\.A\./B\.S\. degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management or equivalent experience\.
Qualifications and ExperienceRequired:
• Technical aptitude and experience reviewing design drawings/prints;
• Demonstrated understanding of inventory analysis and planning and other supply chain management practices;
• Analytical ability where problems are complex;
• High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others;
• Well\-developed oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to mange multiple priorities and deadlines;
• Demonstrated self\-starter \- ability to make initiative and formulate an executable plan with little direction\.
• 1\-3 years of Supply Chain experience;
• Experience with SAP and/or LN ERP systems\.
\*This position is not eligible for relocation benefits\.
BenefitsProgress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package\* including competitive salary, 401\(k\) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays\. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions\.
\*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status \- governing plan documents control such benefits\.\.
EEOEqual Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities