Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Evanston, IL 60201
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a comprehensive, fully integrated, healthcare delivery system that serves the greater North Shore and Illinois communities. NorthShore is committed to earning the loyalty of those who come to us for care and those who play a role in providing that care. Service Values which include: Exceptional Customer Service, Supportive Workplace Interactions and Professional Work Ethic, define the behaviors that each employee demonstrates with co-workers, patients and families, physicians, and visitors.
To learn about the many benefits of working at NorthShore, which include a supportive work environment that promotes professional and career development, recognition of our staff for providing excellent service and a competitive benefits package, please visitwww.northshore.org/careers.
NorthShore University HealthSystem is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
We are currently seeking a Post Doc position for the Neurosurg Start Up/Bailes located at 1001 University Place in Evanston, IL. This is a full time, benefits eligible position.
In this role, you will:
- Execute a pre-clinical study of a candidate therapeutic for traumatic brain injury in a pre-clinical, rat model
- Learn general rodent surgery skills
- Complete rodent cognitive and behavioral testing
- Complete brain dissections, microtome sectioning and immunohistochemistry
- Identify problems that may adversely affect experience or reporting of results and take corrective action or notify appropriate supervisory personnel
- Prepare and author scientific manuscripts for peer-reviewed publication
- Doctoral in Medicine or Biology
- Three years of experience with rodent, closed head and traumatic brain injury models
- Solve technical and inter-laboratory problems related to research
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
Title: Post-doctoral Scientist
Requisition ID: 69905