Reporting Systems Analyst II (SAP - Business Intelligence)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Naperville, IL 60540
We’re ALDI, one of America’s favorite grocers. We’ve grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it’s in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
To help save our customers green, we need an amazing team who knows all about it. Our Corporate Administration department oversees the management of the critical resources and infrastructure that our people need to get the job done at every level. This service department is designed to make sure our retail divisions and executive leadership receive the support they need to run a successful operation. Within Finance our teams include: Accounting, Corporate Tax, Financial Reporting and Treasury and Finance.
The Reporting Systems Analyst II role sits within the Corporate Administration area at Aldi US providing business expertise while utilizing software including Business Objects, SAP-BW, WEBI, and Analytics for Office (AFO) within the SAP BI stack. This person will play a critical role in assisting the Reporting Systems group to leverage technology to provide the highest level of reporting for the various departments within Corporate Administration. This individual will need to have the cross functional knowledge of how the various types of data flow into SAP and through to reporting.
The Reporting Systems Analyst II will work with the team to grow their knowledge of Aldi US subject matter while focusing on understanding content, processes, and procedures associated with new and existing enterprise applications. This position will develop reports which adhere to the highest standards and best practices, while being able to fully test and document the reports to assure expected results.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Provides practical reporting solutions using current and future Aldi technology products.
• Meets with clients and users to gather, analyze and document business requirements.
• Provides excellent customer support to Business Objects users including resolving issues and answering questions.
• Resolves service tickets within the expected Service Level Agreement.
• Works independently to complete change requests that relate to reporting.
• Actively participates as a team member.
• Adheres to Aldi processes, procedures and policies.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or a related field.
• Five (5) years of experience with application development and designing solutions in SAP BW or other Data Warehouse systems.
• Three (3) or more years of experience using Business Objects tools.
• Proficiency in query development within the SAP-BW tool using Eclipse Neon or Oxygen.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Graduate degree is a plus.
• Experience creating dashboards using SAP Lumira is a plus.
• Experience with Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, or Alteryx Designer is a plus.
• Understand how business processes interface with accounting policies and practices.
• Have knowledge of consolidations including intercompany eliminations and equity adjustments.
• Excellent researching and problem solving skills including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, and reconcile data.
• Ability to professionally interact with multiple individuals and groups within the organization to foster positive working relationships.
• Strong understanding of prioritization and communication to organize outstanding and incoming tasks.
• Knowledge in retail industry practices a plus.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally on occasion, if required
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
+ Industry-leading Wages
+ Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
+ Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
+ 401(k) Plan
+ Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
+ Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
+ Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.