Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rockford, IL 61107
- Job ID:439
- Functional Area:Security
- Education Required:High School Diploma
- Experience Required:1 – 3 Years
- Location:Rockford, IL
- Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Per Mar is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabilities.
Security Coordinator, Per Mar Security Services
The Security Coordinator’s primary duties are to schedule all hourly staff and ensure they are paid timely and accurately. This position assists in the coordination of all special events and Site Supervisor’s with their scheduling needs. This position performs all front office duties including answering the phone, processing employee paperwork & licensure, fingerprinting, etc., as well as assists the General Manager and Operations Manager.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:*
- Main responsibility will consist of scheduling. This includes scheduling for temporary events, approving the schedules of permanent accounts with supervisors, and overseeing the schedules for permanent accounts without a supervisor.
- Expected to track Security Officer’s hours for temporary assignments, as well as, designated permanent accounts. Timesheets are expected to be accurate and completed on time.
- Complete payroll for all branch scheduled hourly employees on Mondays by 12:00 pm local time for the previous one (1) week.
- Utilize WinTeam software for scheduling, payroll, and reporting purposes.
- Assist branch employees with questions relating to their schedule, paycheck, paystubs, or any other scheduling and/or payroll item.
- Act as liaison between assigned clients and the branch office to ensure scheduling needs are met.
- Ensure there are no open posts whether during regular schedule time-off or vacations and/or during emergency situations or call-offs.
- Answer the branch office phone and greet visitors as needed.
- Review applications and assist with interviewing as needed.
- Expected to assist with processing of new hires which includes drug testing, fingerprinting, photographing, and the completion of all necessary licensing, insurance, and new hire paperwork.
- Expected to take calls on a rotation with other supervisory staff during non-business hours.
- Serve as a backup Security Officer, Site Supervisor, and Training Instructor, as needed.
- Assist in the coordination of Special Events jobs.
- Assist in the authoring, update, and/or revision of all Post Orders.
- Essential Functions to be performed with or without a reasonable accommodations
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED is required for all Per Mar Security Services positions.Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of security services experience required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must be able to obtain State of Iowa security license and State of Illinois PERC per company policy.
- Must be able to be on-call on a rotating basis.
- Must have basic computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in addition to customer service skills.
- Must be detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be capable of handling stressful situations without decreasing productivity.
- Must possess sufficient clerical skills to perform essential job functions as listed above.
- Must possess the values important to Per Mar Security – Integrity, Communication, Excellent Service, and Accountability.
- Must be able to operate a variety of office equipment to include but not limited to personal computers, printers, scanners and calculators.
- Previous experience with WinTeam software or other scheduling and/or payroll systems is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Per Mar Security Services is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran’s status, disability or familial status.
Applicants with Disabilities
Per Mar Security Services is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or submit an application, please contact us.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.