Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Cole-Parmer is a leading provider of specialty technical instruments, appliances, equipment and supplies to industrial, bioscience, academic and governmental customers around the world. Our proprietary product lines include fluid-handling systems and instruments, which are important components of scientific research.
Job Title: Supervisor, Accounting
Reports To: VP, Controller
Position Location: Vernon Hills, IL
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Supervisor, Accounting is responsible for the monthly close for North America operating companies including three distribution and two manufacturing entities. Additionally, this role will require an individual who can work with various business partners and provide an accounting perspective for projects. Given the organization is growing there will be a need to collaborate on integration of accounting policies and systems.
- Supervises the maintenance and transaction activity of accurate and proper general ledgers including maintenance of entity level details in the corporate consolidation enterprise management platform.
- Responsible for allocations of shared costs including maintained of fully reconciled intercompany billings.
- Complete ownership of financial month end close for North American entities at a high level of accuracy including: review and approval of journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analysis. Report financial results timely.
- Ensure accounting documentation is concise and clearly presented.
- Collaborate with the finance department to execute on internal reporting requirements including support of KPI’s.
- Compliance with company accounting policies and reporting requirements.
- Participates in acquisition activities including opening balance sheet purchase accounting, policy alignment, and initial audit support.
- Supervises and motivates staff accountants including technical guidance, training, leadership, and performance management.
- Leads projects to improve efficiencies and standardize processes.
- Maintains written accounting procedures to ensure accurate and reliable data.
- Manages special accounting related projects and tasks.
- Prepares audit and tax reports; analyzes results. Retains supporting documentation to support audit inquires.
- Assess internal control risks and implement changes to strengthen environment.
- Partner with functional leaders to address business problems with financial impact. Participates in cross functional projects and proposes recommendations to solve operational issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or related degree from an accredited higher learning institution
- 5 years of experience
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and expertise with the ability to show leadership.
- Strong analytical experience
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Strong Excel Skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, efficiently works under pressures, within deadlines or other time essential constraints.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly and concisely communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Strong work ethic and an ability to excel within a rapidly changing and growing organization.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.