LPN/LPT/LVN - HomeCare - Peoria
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Peoria, IL 61614
Title: LPN/LPT/LVN – HomeCare – Peoria
Job Category: Licensed Practical Nurse
Line of Business: HomeCare Services
About this Career Opportunity:
- Completes orientation and competency assessment/verification as required.
- Achieves client-related skills competency as verified by supervisor
- Attends required inservices as necessary to maintain employment.
- Maintains expiring requirements including professional license and required certifications.
- Consults, seeks advice, and follows direction of the RN in fulfillment of care of the client.
- Ensures the provision of nursing services as outlined in the service plan of care.
- Consults with client’s physician and obtains medical orders when needed to ensure the delivery of safe, adequate, and
appropriate skilled care. Documents orders as required.
- Anticipates potential problems, identifies emerging problems, and acts accordingly.
- Communicates effectively and routinely with supervisor, ensuring that pertinent information reaches supervisor in timely manner.
- Report changes in client’s health to supervisor in timely manner.
- Works closely with other health professionals/providers in planning, evaluating, and implementing services to address the health needs of individuals served.
- Establishes and maintains professional rapport with clients, families, and other health providers.
- Cooperates with other individuals and agencies involved in client care to ensure continuity of care is maintained.
- Seeks guidance and assistance from supervisor when necessary.
- Collects and records data in systematic manner, using appropriate forms.
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner consistent with company standards.
- Cooperates in external / internal investigations as requested.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proof of current license as an LPN or LVN in good standing from the state(s) of practice
- Current CPR certification
- Ability to work in a home-like setting.
- Be able to bend stoop, push, pull, sit, and walk for periods of time
- Able to utilize proper body mechanics while lifting 50 pounds
- Knowledge of individual service plans, including understanding of client rights and health needs
- Must have completed post secondary coursework to facilitate licensure as an LPN or LVN
NEW GRADS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!!!
ResCare offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21 and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
About Our Company
Join us in transforming peoples’ lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a LPN/LPT/LVN – HomeCare – Peoria.
About this Line of Business
As one of the industry’s largest providers, HomeCare services offers care for more than 20,000 individuals across the country. We deliver quality, compassionate and highly individualized in-home care and support that helps seniors stay at home – all while maximizing their dignity, privacy and independence. Whether our clients are recovering from illness, injury or surgery, living with a chronic disability or dealing with the natural process of aging, our services are tailored to meet the individual needs of people of all ages, physical conditions and cognitive abilities.
HomeCare services include personal care and homemaking programs, professional nursing, geriatric care management, Alzheimer’s/dementia care, respite care and other programs, as well as differentiated offerings in home monitoring with Rest Assured Telecare that help reduce hospital visits and keep people in their homes longer.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
6919 N KNOXVILLE AVE STE 102, PEORIA, IL 61614-2817 USA
Res-Care, Inc., dba BrightSpring Health Services (“ResCare”), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.