Educational Technology and Instructional Design Sp
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Grayslake, IL 60030
Posting Detail Information Posting Number
Educational Technology and Instructional Design Specialist, Educational Technology
College of Lake County’s Educational Technology Department is seeking a specialist to join our team!
The Educational Technology and Instructional Design Specialist is accountable for providing the training and instructional design associated with developing academic courses and creating educational programs for traditional, online, and blended courses. The Educational Technology Specialist also assists in creating and reinforcing the strategic direction of technology-based education in the College, providing instructors with the knowledge, skills, and training they need to effectively integrate technology into their instruction. This role reports to the Director, Educational Technology.
Proud past, bold future.
College of Lake County started with one building in 1969 and now leads the future of education and workforce development in Lake County with three campuses and online programming to serve the diverse needs of Lake County, Illinois. CLC is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences. The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
- Bachelors Degree in Instructional Technology or related field
Associates Degree with three years of experience in an educational technology role
Seven years of experience in an educational technology role
- Knowledge of web and media based technologies for education.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards and practices
- Experience providing technical training and producing training materials in various delivery modes.
- Expertise in developing instructional design strategies, policies, and deployment procedures with school or department stakeholders.
- Expertise with one or more digital education (content) authoring tools (e.g., Camtasia, Captivate, Lectora, Softchalk, Articulate).
- Understanding of and application of social networking and mobile applications in environments for teaching and learning.
- Committed to keeping up-to-date with the changing educational technology landscape.
- Effective and polished verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of customers and a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Reflect a positive, high-energy and professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to work well on and improve the performance of a team.
- Ability to adapt to and communicate successfully with different people and situations; and incorporate honesty, respect, humor and fairness in daily actions.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and deliver according to deadlines while handling multiple tasks, ability to exercise judgment, handle confidential information, and function with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users.
- Ability to problem-solve, analyze information to make informed decisions and/or recommendations.
- Application of principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to travel between campuses as needed.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Higher Education experience ideally in a community college setting.
- Knowledge and experience supporting an online learning management system, Blackboard/Canvas preferred.
- Knowledge of Web design and delivery tools; and the ability to work with and train in both a PC and Macintosh environment.
- Experience working in a teambased project development environment; working in higher education and in direct support of college faculty; and with online course development standards and procedures are preferred.
- Experience working with graphics production software, Photoshop preferred.
- Knowledge of current learning technologies, a broad perspective of online higher education efforts, active learning practices and blended learning;?
- An innate focus on students and their success.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills.
- An interest in improving existing processes and procedures on a continual basis.
- Ability to manage projects as needed.
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
Applicant review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Total Hours per week
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30
Software Testing Required
Excel, MS Word
Interview Process Requirements
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V