Sterile Processing Technician, Full-Time, Skokie -
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Skokie, IL 60076
Sterile Processing Technician, Full-Time, Skokie – SIGN-ON BONUS!!! (68380)
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organization comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs more than 10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Sterile Processing Technician for our Sterile Processing department located at Skokie Hospital in Skokie, IL. This is a full-time position and is benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled Monday through Friday with rotating weekend coverage required. We’re offering a $1,500 sign-on bonus to certified techs!
In this role, you will:
- Provide hospital and affiliated facilities with sterile processed materials and equipment
- Execute established procedures for decontamination assembly, packaging sterilization and surgical case cart set up practices by ensuring quality product for patient care
- Follow established procedures to ensure decontamination completion
- Place sterile items in appropriate areas for distribution, ensuring the items are accurately labeled by department
Our ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) or International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) preferred
- Two years of sterile processing or operating room experience preferred
Please explore our website () to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.