Lead Middleware Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Riverwoods, IL 60015
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Researches, boards, and evolves the most cost-effective software products and enterprise building blocks that improve the efficiency, availability, and performance of application servers, gateways, messaging, and related platforms. The team currently owns and provides governance along with 24×7x 365 third-level supports for technologies, such as WebSphere AppServer, WebSphere MQ, CA Gateway, DataPower, Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, eXtreme Scale, and Google Search Appliance. Works closely with Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development teams in implementing solutions for the Middleware technologies.
- Hands-on industry experience in performance analysis, implementation, project leadership, maintenance, and technical documentation.
- Identifies and drives opportunities to improve automation for build, deployment, and configuration management.
- Works closely with Plan, Build, Run, and Cloud Infrastructure teams to support Critical, Core, and Support applications.
- Builds, delivers, and maintains middleware engineering platforms to support Agile development teams.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in large enterprise systems, customer service, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in large enterprise systems, customer service, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- IBM, or related certification
- Ansible and Chef
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.